Growing up in the healthcare industry is a huge advantage.
That’s what we’ve done. No need to spend weeks educating us on the nuances of healthcare. We get it.
Experts in Health IT
We know this industry, quite well.
With Ten22, you quickly leverage our knowledge and relationships to deliver compelling messages for hospital and provider prospects.
As our client roster grows, we make sure to keep our size an advantage. Bigger isn’t always better. Our philosophy is that healthcare expertise and proven creative talent always trumps size.
Agency Ten22 is proud to be the WINNER of Ragan Communications and PR Daily’s “Best Innovation in Media Relations” Award for 2018!
Beth Friedman is the founder and CEO of Agency Ten22. Prior to starting the firm in 2005, Beth served in a variety of sales, marketing and public relations leadership roles for several health IT companies including McKesson, and eWebCoding. Our clients most appreciate Beth’s deep knowledge of healthcare. From her start as a clinical coder, Beth worked in medical staff services, quality assurance and data analytics before joining the vendor community in 1991. Beth holds degrees in health information management and healthcare administration. She is a member of HIMSS, AHIMA, HFMA, ADCIS, HCCA and the American Marketing Association.
Tweetable Facts About Beth
- Favorite Quote: “Sometimes life gets bad, but then it gets good again” Mable Clupper, Beth’s Granny
- The biggest risk I’ve ever taken was starting my own company.
- The scariest thing I’ve ever done was moved all the way across the country, not knowing a single person
- My favorite hobbies outside of work are hanging out with my teenage son, playing tennis and walking on the beach with my beau
- My hidden talent? There’s an interior decorator hiding within me
Erin Wabol, MBA
Erin has 14 years of experience creating successful marketing campaigns through a combination of planning and strategy, sprinkled with creativity and consumer insights. She has an appreciation for all marketing channels and enjoy developing imaginative solutions for how they can work together.
Erin finds true joy when she can ensure that the strategy developed for a client is reflective of their objectives and is executed in such a way that it not only meets their goals but exceeds them. Whether it be a logo redesign, website overhaul, quarterly email campaign or a myriad of other assignments, she understands that measurement is crucial. With help from her fabulous colleagues, Erin enjoys diving into data to make wise, insight-driven marketing recommendations.
Prior to joining the Ten22 team, Erin was the Marketing Manager at OSi Transcription, acquired by Nuance Communications. While at OSi she strategically developed the brand from the ground up, including website redesign to create a better user experience. She also successfully identified, developed and managed all traditional and digital marketing initiatives as well as conferences. Previously, Erin managed advertising, marketing, and nationwide event efforts for a therapeutic modality manufacturer.
Erin holds a Masters of Business Administration and BS in Business Administration, Marketing from the University of South Florida. She is certified in Pragmatic Marketing.
Tweetable Facts About Erin
- My hobbies outside of work include going to the beach, bike rides and anything outside in the Florida sunshine.
- The scariest thing I’ve ever done was have children! But also, by far the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done.
- The biggest risk I’ve ever taken was relocating out of state—away from then fiancé, while finishing my MBA—to take on a new job. The risk paid off since the gig was with Ten22 and I have a supportive husband.
- The best advice I’ve ever received was “Worrying about the future doesn’t help today. Have confidence in your ability to handle what life throws at you.”
- My favorite place I’ve ever visited was Turks and Caicos. The water and solitude is magical.
Associate Vice President
Jess Clifton brings fifteen years of experience in healthcare B2B to her role as a ghostwriter and content strategist. Leaning on her background in media relations, digital marketing and market research, she supports healthcare IT clients serving the acute care, physician practice and payer markets. Jess honed her technology and marketing skills working as a business intelligence analyst, SaaS product manager, marketing director and writer for Billian’s HealthDATA, helping the company develop their online provider analytics platform until the company was acquired by Definitive Healthcare in 2016. Jess is a staunch supporter of behavioral health integration and the advancement of women in HIT. In her downtime, Jess dabbles in photography and can frequently be found exploring the great outdoors with her husband and son.
Tweetable Facts About Jess
- My favorite book is Sarah Ban Breathnach’s “Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self” because it teaches me something new about myself with each read.
- If I could have a superpower, it would be to freeze time – the older I get the more I realize what a precious resource time is.
- My interest outside of work is photography. I love it! There is something so immersive about being behind the camera and capturing a moment.
- My favorite quote is “Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
- The scariest thing I’ve ever done was sold our house, put everything in storage, and lived in an RV with my husband and son. Briefly. (Tiny living is hard.)
Lisa Herrmann joins Ten22 after almost four years at the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine where she served as director of communications. She has over 20 years of marketing experience in a variety of industries ranging from banking to healthcare to higher education. Prior to UGA, she was the director of corporate communications for Ciox Health, a healthcare technology company headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. Prior to that position, she spent 11 years in higher education marketing – as director of communications for the Georgia Institute of Technology College of Architecture, director of communications for the Indiana University School of Informatics and Computing and as the director of communications for the IU Office of Continuing Studies. Before those positions she served as marketing coordinator at Monroe Bank in Bloomington, Indiana; public relations account executive for Clarke Advertising and Public Relations in Sarasota, Florida; and communications administrator for Wartsila Diesel North America in Annapolis, Maryland. She holds a bachelor’s degree in political science from San Diego State University.
Tweetable Facts About Lisa
Favorite things to do outside of work: I love to cook and bake, run (mostly since I love to cook and eat), read, and enjoy time outside
Favorite book: It’s a tie between A Dog’s Journey and the Book of Speculation
Scariest thing I’ve ever done was also my biggest adventure. Got married at age 20 and moved from Maryland to California without knowing anyone. Had never been that far from home!
Quote I think about: If you’re happy doing what you’re doing, then nobody can tell you you’re not successful.
Director of Social Media
Kathy Contes is a marketing communications leader with over 20 years of experience in the healthcare and health IT industries. Kathy has experience developing, implementing and growing marketing programs start-ups to Fortune 100 companies—including Microsoft, Unisys, McKesson, HP, InfoSys, CTG, Cisco, PacifiCare (now United Healthcare), QCSI (now Trizetto), IAC and TriWest Healthcare Alliance. She successfully negotiates vendor and advertising contracts with these top tier media outlets. Kathy spearheads strategic digital marketing such as well planned, business focused website design and social media programs. Kathy earned a B.S. degree in finance from Arizona State University and is a member of the Arizona HIMSS Chapter.
Tweetable Facts About Kathy
- I love Military History
- I like the ologies: Geology, paleontology, archaeology, Egyptology, etc..
- My top 3 places I’d like to visit are Greece, Egypt and a guided World War II Tour of Europe
- My favorite places I’ve already visited are Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head and Yellow Stone National Park
Senior Writer and Editor
Julie brings more than 20 years of experience in content development, specializing in health information management, clinical documentation improvement, information governance, clinical communications and health IT. She writes feature articles, case studies, blogs, newsletters, website copy, press releases and more. Julie collaborates with clients to promote their expertise and solutions supporting value-based care initiatives. She previously worked with a leading company that provides software for healthcare billing, auditing and compliance. In her literary life, Julie is the submissions editor for The Great Smokies Review, published by UNC Asheville’s Great Smokies Writing Program. A former social worker, she earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Georgia.
Tweetable Facts About Julie
- My interests outside of work include Horses, gardening, yoga, hiking, and photography
- My Favorite quote is “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” -Mary Oliver
- The top 3 things on my bucket list are 1. Travel to Portugal, Spain, Greece, Ireland and beyond, 2. Create a small horse farm, and 3. Ride Lusitano horses on the coast of Portugal
- The best advice I’ve ever received was “Gratitude turns what we have into enough. Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.” Rumi
- My favorite I’ve ever visited was Northern New Mexico—hiking, creative writing, horseback riding, photography
- I’ve never gone, but would love to visit One Square Inch of Silence, possibly the quietest place in the United States, located in the Hoh Rain Forest of Olympic National Park
Director, Speakers Bureau
Before joining AgencyTen22, Amber Doster held several marketing positions for over eleven years with HealthPort, including Vice President for more than five years. With well over 25 years of healthcare marketing knowledge and seasoned leadership experience, Amber’s primary focus and passion are health information technology and health information management. She is proficient in strategic planning, market research, event planning, trade show management, internal and external brand management, contact management, B2H marketing, and communications. Before joining HealthPort in 2001, Doster served as Marketing Product Manager for WebMD. She’s held key marketing positions supporting health information technology and management in both the acute care and ambulatory settings.
Tweetable Facts About Amber
Outside of work I regularly volunteer at a local horse rescue and help care for over 100 rescues – I love horses
I love true crime podcasts
I’m obsessed with Ancestory.com and uncovering my family’s past. I am discovering my ancestors from the 1500’s
The best work advice I have ever received was from one of my favorite former CEOs, “When you start a new leadership position, hire someone new, fire someone, and paint the lobby”
One of my bucket list items is to travel to, and explore Italy
My favorite pastime is gardening with my husband and three girls
Interesting fact about me is I’m deathly afraid of water but I am a certified scuba diver
Senior Account Executive
Olivia Williams is a marketing communications professional with three years of traditional ad agency experience in addition to sales experience from her time working with a professional sports organization. An avid supporter of community development and philanthropic initiatives, Olivia enjoys spending her free time outside of work volunteering with the Junior League of Winston-Salem, Leadership Winston-Salem and her local church. Olivia earned a B.A. degree in Journalism and Mass Communication from Samford University where she pursued a double concentration in Public Relations and Advertising and graduated with honors. Olivia is a member of the North Carolina HFMA chapter.
Tweetable Facts About Olivia
- A favorite quote that my parents always told me is attributed to Henry Ford: “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t—you’re right.”
- My favorite hobbies outside of work are volunteering in my community, reading and exploring new places, preferably by the water.
- The biggest risk I’ve ever taken was moving to North Carolina after living in Tennessee most of my life. It’s by far the best decision I’ve ever made.
- The scariest thing I’ve ever done was scuba diving. I’m extremely claustrophobic but it was worth it!
- The best place I’ve ever visited was Cinque Terre, a string of seaside villages on the Italian Riviera. I can’t wait to go back one day.
Nicole Quinlan brings nearly 15 years of experience in corporate marketing, artistic creation and business ownership. She focuses on design and marketing consulting in both print and online media. She’s served as a Corporate Design and Marketing Manager for two healthcare companies as well as managing marketing projects for companies like Castrol/BP and CARE. Nicole holds a Bachelor of Arts in International Business as well as Art History.
Director of New Media
Eric built his first website in 1997 when the owners of the structured network cabling and data center architecture firm he was working for decided to go online with their first website. The task naturally fell to Eric, known as “the computer guy.” This experience launched a new career in web design and development, and internet infrastructure technology engineering. Eric’s background in IT support and engineering provides a more complete foundation for meeting a company’s online goals. Eric holds an associate degree from Gwinnett Technical College along with the following credentials: Intermediate HTML Design Certification, ASP Developer Certification, and XML/DTD Developer Certification, MCSE, MCP +Internet.
Tweetable Facts About Eric
Is an accomplished amateur chef, much to the delight of my family.
I’m a bit plant obsessed, and If I had it to do all over again, I would become a landscape architect.
After being accused of having a walking gait like Sasquatch (by my kids), I decided to post videos of myself to Instagram imitating Sasquatch in various settings.
Spent the last 12 years of his life running a non-profit cheerleading program in my “spare time”
Favorite quote: “Innocence, once lost, can never be regained.” So be careful of the knowledge you gain – it demands action.
“I learned of Ten22’s offerings through a referral of a colleague in the Healthcare IT industry. Our organization’s objective was to increase productively within public relations, outbound marketing, and lead generation efforts. One thing that steered us towards Ten22 was their niche specialty of Healthcare IT. Since ComplyAssistant only works within the Healthcare IT vertical, we found it necessary to have a company with this expertise. We have only been working with Ten22 for a couple months but they have already organized the aforementioned efforts and created an implementation plan for us to mutually work through over the next ten months. I would highly recommend Ten22 to anyone who is looking for a way to maximize their company’s exposure to the Healthcare industry.”
– Ken J. Reiher, Vice President Operations, ComplyAssistant
Expert advice delivered monthly to help your public relations and marketing efforts.